Most relationships among couples, siblings, colleagues, and friends are under attack because of the absence of humility. Humility is one of the greatest virtues any man can possess.
What is Humility? Humility is freedom from pride and arrogance, not thinking highly of yourself while seeing others as inferior. It means recognising your flawed nature as human and your vulnerability to sin if not vigilant against temptation.
The absence of humility in your life drives away sincere people from you, destiny helpers, and most importantly, God will constantly resist you. James 4: 6
Can you imagine being resisted by God?
Pride is the undoing of so many and manifests through;
- Unwillingness to recognise your sin and repent.
- Never admitting wrong or apologising.
- Thinking you are better than others, especially when you are more privileged than them.
- I am constantly being rude and disrespectful, both in words and actions.
- Unable to receive constructive criticism.
- Always eager to teach, not keen to learn.
- Unwilling to accept good and helpful advice.
- When you constantly put others down in your mind or during a conversation with another because you always want to feel and show you are better than them.
- Refusal to submit to authority.
- Constantly seeking to be the centre of attention or affirmation in public.
- Always talking about yourself without focusing on the interest of others.
Being rude, arrogant, and disrespectful doesn’t show how exposed, bold, outspoken, or intelligent you are; instead, it displays illiteracy, ignorance, and pride.
When a child of God becomes humble, such a one has positioned her life at the feet of Jesus, and being a fragrance to God will be a lifestyle and an attitude.
God often passes those willing to submit to Him and allow His lordship over them through challenges to keep their hearts humble and lowly. Your heart can only be transformed by a supernatural impartation of the Lord when a divine touch or experience is released in response to your sensitivity and your surrendering heart.
When a child of God becomes humble, such a one has positioned her life at the feet of Jesus and being a fragrance to God will be a lifestyle and an attitude.
Humility is an attitude, a lifestyle that attracts honour and multiplies grace to you and praise to God.
Pride is deadly because it drains you, separates you from God, and affects your relationship with your fellow men.
Humility is healthy. It trains you and bonds you to God, exposing you to honour.
Humility is the fastest way to reach the Throne of God and to get the attention of El-SHADDAI.