In today’s world, everywhere we turn, we see the words sex, fornication, adultery, and homosexuality. Sexual immorality has become the trend but subtly destroying boys, girls, singles, and married.
Fornication is sexual intercourse between two unmarried people.
It’s a moment’s pleasure with aftermath implications.
Adultery is sexual intercourse by a married person with someone other than their spouse.
Fornication and adultery are both regarded as sexual immorality.
The consequences of sexual immorality, whether heterosexual or homosexual, are diseases called sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). These diseases include AIDS, syphilis, genital herpes, gonorrhoea, chlamydia, and some 20+ other sexually transmitted diseases.
Sometimes, folks who indulge in these immoral sexual activities think the use of condoms prevents these diseases and pregnancies. The truth is that it’s been medically proven that the use of condoms does not eliminate the risk of getting infected or spreading STDs.
Biblically, the scripture considers a man or woman who commits immorality as foolish and worthy of destruction. Whoever commits adultery/fornication joins himself in endlessness with the individual spiritually.
The act of sex is spiritual because God made it. He created sex in the circumference between a man and a woman who are married to each other. Through sex, they are made one. It is not made for sinful partners.
You have yet to learn the indulgence, association, and spiritual influences surrounding the individual you are sinning or plan to sin with.
Sexual immorality drains your spiritual, emotional, mental, and health well-being and sometimes your finances. It brings a curse, destroys destiny, abates purpose, and, most times, yokes your innocent offspring to a physical and spiritual life crisis in their future. For some others, it destroys their integrity and brings enmity.
The general consequences of sexual immorality are God’s judgement and eternal destruction.
People who engage in sexual immorality are usually slaves to the spirit of the beings they have had intercourse with.
Marriage does not and cannot cure sexual immorality because, most times, those who have engaged in this sin before marriage find it hard to be satisfied by their spouse. That is why most married people still cheat.
Sexual Immorality is a few minutes of pleasure with an endless web of regrets, suffering, and destruction.
Have you been caught in this web called Sexual Immorality, and do you desire to be free?
There are steps to be taken.
Steps To Total Freedom
- Recognizing you have been defiling (defiled) the temple (your body) of God. Ist Corinthians 6:19-20, 2nd Corinthians 6:16.
- Confessing your sins to God and your spouse(if you’re married). James 5:16, Ist John 1:9
- Asking for mercy from God. If you’re married, it would be wise for you to apologise and ask your spouse for forgiveness. Hebrews 4:15-16
- If need be, you can go for deliverance in the hands of true ministers of God.
- The company you keep determines your journey and destination. Sieve your circle. Ist Corinthians 15:33, 2nd Corinthians 6:14-16
- Constant reading of the Word of God and prayer. Ephesians 6:17-18
- Be mindful of what you think, watch, and read. These can trigger and bring sin to your doorstep. Proverbs 4:23, Philippians 4:8
- Always flee from any appearance of sexual immorality. Ist Corinthians 6:18, Ist Thessalonians 5:22-24, 2nd Timothy 2:22
- If you’re unmarried, avoid being so attached to the opposite sex. The devil is wiser than you.
You can live above sexual immorality and have dominion over its power through the strength given to you by Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:13.