Anytime I hear the word virtue, the next thing that comes to my mind is the Proverbs 31 woman. I know it is the same for some women.
Proverbs 31 clearly informs us that it is possible for women to have such an extraordinary personality and still have reverence and fear for God and their husband.
The term virtue cannot be clouded in one word. While studying Proverbs 31, I noticed keywords that describe/define this virtuous woman. And I was humbled by such a woman.
The wife in Proverbs 31 is not just in the kitchen scrubbing dishes and cooking! While she takes care of her husband, children and household and excels in her domestic activities, she’s still active outside the homes as well.
Let’s run through this extraordinary woman and her qualities.
● She’s Trustworthy
● She’s Good
● She’s Always Willing To Work
● She’s Industrious
● She Plans Ahead
● She’s Considerate
● She’s a Successful Businesswoman
● She’s full of Strength
● She’s Sensitive
● She’s an Entrepreneur
● She uses her hands Diligently and Skillfully.
● She Provides for the poor within her reach
● She’s Ready for any situation that requires special preparation
● She clothes her household with Quality Dresses
● She’s a Well Dressed Woman with a Decorated Home
● She is the reason her husband is Well Known and Respected even by elders.
● She knows how to Generate Profit from what she does
● She’s a woman of Honour
● She talks when necessary and when she does, her words are filled with Wisdom. She’s not talkative.
● Her tongue is needled with Kindness
● She’s a Wise Manager of her household
● She’s Blessed daily by her children
● She’s Praised daily by her husband
● She’s an Amazement
● She’s a woman who Fears The Lord.
Ha! I paused and asked the Lord, is it possible to be all these and still fear Him and be humble? And He reminded me of His Word which tells us “I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me” and in a split second my mind also ran through few women that I know have such qualities.
Remember if you are not virtuous then growth is far from you.
As you add diligence and faith please add virtue.
To be virtuous, is a deliberate and conscious effort.